Monday, February 15, 2010

Longest Stretch Yet

A very sweet & beautiful occasion gave us a great excuse to return back to Brownsville for another visit. My dear and lovely friend/sister was tying the knot! Making this trip back home was not only exciting because Theresa's was getting married but also because I had just survived the longest stretch away from home. I had been away from home for about a month and a half! Might not sound like much but felt like forever to me :)

It's funny how the things I wished would have been different during my time growing up at home were the very things that brought me much comfort during my visit back. I can recall saying to myself as well as my mother when I was younger, "I wish our house was like...!", "Why can't we have...?", "Why do we have to drive...?"etc. I can't help but laugh a little and yet shake my head at myself because of my discontentment as well as my lack of appreciation for everything my parents provided for us as a family. Never did I imagine that one day I would be a little older, more mature, and more wiser finding so much warmth and joy and even humor in such things. I could share some of them with you...but I'm afraid you might not understand or appreciate them as I do. Though, I'm sure you have a list of your own...

ML

No comments: