Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Uncomfortable Yet Necessary

The title of my post today describes how some change can feel at times. Very uncomfortable but very necessary. I remember when I first arrived at my previous church back home (ICC) my mother would very "motherly" encourage me to go and sit up front with the other teenagers. I would then in a very teenager-ish manner say, "Mom, please leave me alone!". I remember then as I was looking over at these teenagers who were obviously so excited and connected, "I'll be up there eventually...it's just a matter of time." Sure enough with time (God's grace really) I graduated myself up to the front. Ten years later I am finding myself again very comfortably sitting in the last row enjoying the comfortable view, in a different church of course. Just as I knew 10 years ago, I know today that it will be a matter of time before I get connected again. Though, this time it's not my mother who is by my side encouraging me, it is my very social and extroverted husband (love you baby). This time I can't say, "Shaun, please leave me alone!". As time passes and as God continues to be full of grace and mercy the Lord is so gently leading me up towards the front. He is surrounding us with others who are loving and godly... Though most of the time it's very uncomfortable I know it's necessary in order for Him to lead us where He desires...and being where He wants us is of the utmost important and above all else, including my comfort.

So here I go...
ML



This is what I must look like hiding behind my Mr Tan! =)


4 comments:

Unknown said...

I love it! I also love your ticker down there counting the days.

lucy said...

First Let me tell you, you look beautiful behind Mr.Tan, and what a great feeling knowing you have him going before you as your protector assigned by God.
Next, be encouraged knowing that what you received at ICC was preparing you for bigger things, you are empowered by the Holy Spirit to go forward and make diciples. Do not be afraid, He has given us a spirit of power, sound mind, and self control. I know that you will shine for Him in everything you do. Because you draw near to Him, He will draw near to you, and abiding in HIm, you will accomplish much for His Glory.
Happy to hear about baby Tan, glad all is well. Take care of yourself and give our best to Mr. Daddy Tan.
Love,
Lucy ;)

Unknown said...

Monie, I thought of you when looking for a funny picture. You always find the best ones! Finally found a ticker I liked :)

Thank you Lucy for your encouraging words!!

Najera Family said...

Marylou, I totally understand what you mean. Take me for example, I never in my sound mind thought that the Lord would have me (shy,introvert,quiet,hide behind my husband,leave me alone sara)where I am; a pastor's wife. Is it uncomfortable? extremely! Is it necessary? Of course. I know that you desire nothing more than to glorify Him. Its all in the Lord's timing. He will bring you guys to the place that He desires for His honor. There is no doubt that He is using you guys to reveal His Son to those who need Him.