Monday, October 26, 2009

Sweet Treasure


There's no place like home! =) We returned from
Arizona about mid-night last night. We were so exhausted and so glad to be back home! This weekend trip was such a sweet gift from above. Shaun and I accompanied my dear dear friend Theresa, more than just a friend really to AZ to visit with her fiance. During this trip we were able to stay with another dear and sweet friend of mine, Ruth. Both these girls I've known since the 6th grade..that would be about 17 years now. Wow time sure does pass us by quickly! What a sweet time I had with these two girls, from reminiscing about old times to sharing our struggles about marriage and relationships to encouraging each other about how to be better wives. Sigh..so sweet and so appropriately timed. With Theresa marrying soon along with the busyness of life not to mention a wedding to plan (for Theresa that is) I was afraid that I would not have the opportunity to sit and share with my friend/sister about my experiences as a newly wed wife. But this trip gave me the oppurtunity to do just that. From care rides, to plane rides to lay overs we were able to share and talk about our experiences, thoughts, fears and much more. Shaun was so loving and patient in giving me this time to talk and visit with my dear friend. He would read his magazine or update himself on the latest sports headlines while we talked and talked and talked. =) Such a wonderful wonder he is. And so as I have returned from this trip feeling such a sweet closure to our friendship in being young girls and a new beginning to a friendship in being women. That might sound a bit too dramatic to some of you but makes complete sense to me. :)

Visiting with my friend Ruth was also a sweet moment in time. I knew that with our short and long term plans that Shaun and I have felt the Lord is leading towards this might be the last time I see Ruth for a very long time, so I knew this trip was to was special. Visiting with her reminded me of the endless mercies of God in our lives. God has brought us such a long way in such a short time. We talked about how we are totally undeserving of these great men who God delivered us to. It was wonderful for the both of us to share how the maturity that comes with growth in the Lord has transformed us into becoming more and more like Jesus and less and less of ourselves. So sweet a time and so sweet a treasure.

So so sweet,
me

No comments: