Friday, October 30, 2009

Good and Perfect

As many of you know, the Lord has opened up a wonderful door of opportunity for Shaun to accept a job in Houston with a different company yet still related off shore drilling. Our plans are to move some where around the 16-19 of November so that he can start work on the 23rd. Initially our plans were to eventually move to Houston after a year or two of living down here in Brownsville so that we could be near family. We then decided to bypass Houston and stay here until it was time for us to move to Singapore. Well, once again the Lord has reminded us that He is in charge and in control. Seeking no opportunity what so ever to relocate to Houston, the Lord so kindly and gently placed one before us. In the beginning we didn't take it too serious since we had already agreed on staying in Brownsville. But even so we were both encouraged for Shaun to submit his resume considering he had nothing to lose. They flew Shaun up for his interview on October 6 and the job was offered Oct 26 (what agony!?)Surprisingly I have been both encouraged and excited about the possibility of our move to Houston. I'm sure 8 months ago or so I'd be a bit resistant against our move mainly because we had agreed to stay here in Brownsville a couple of years so that we could have a baby and be surrounded by those most important to me during this incredibly amazing and new season in our lives. Yet again, our God was faithful. He has enable my heart to turn towards His. Though I am sad, I am more encouraged because I know this move for us is so necessary for us to progress in the will of God for our lives. The other day one of my greatest/bestest friends asked me, "what do you love most about your Mr. Tan?". I replied how I loved that my Mr. Tan always has a plan for us. Whether it's in the grocery store, on vacation, or in the car. With my Mr. Tan there is almost usually an objective. My heart safely trusts him. He makes me feel safe and secure no matter where we are or what the circumstances are. But how much more my Father in Heaven. I have always been so humbled by how the Lord ushers me into new season with new challenges. I have never once felt like the Lord pushed into a helicopter and forced me to parachute out in the middle of no where. I have always felt the Lord's grace and mercy enable me to handle what is to come. I know whatever is to come, no matter how difficult, uncomfortable or sad is to come it will be good and perfect and from above. I also know it will not always be difficult, uncomfortable, or sad, but it will be full of joy, laughter, and sweetness!

awaiting what is to come,
me

1 comment:

andy najera said...

Wow..may God continue to bless you and guide you....what a change..