Sunday, November 8, 2009

Mickey & Minnie




One year already??? With our 2 weddings (US & Singapore), our travels (Chicago, NYC, DC, Baltimore, and Arizona), not to mention adjusting to our new lives together, our first year of being husband and wife has flown by so fast! With all the packing for our move coming up mid-November, Shaun and I were not able to take a trip as we had originally planned. Our plans went from Florence to San Antonio, to Houston to good old Brownsville, Texas. We started out our weekend by heading to the park with our blanket on a beautiful late Friday afternoon..to a nice lunch on Saturday and then to a simple yet very meaningful pancake breakfast on Sunday morning at South Padre Island. After our pancakes and eggs we had planned to take a nice little walk on on the sand and read our anniversary cards to one another. Our plan was quickly altered due to the light rain that began to fall. We then decided to park near the beach and sit in our car to exchanged cards. I went first of course! Shaun's card to me was so beautiful..so meaningful..so heartfelt..so everything! It wasn't long at all before I was crying over the heart of my husband towards me. His card expressed so many beautiful things..but there was one unforgettable statement: "I am committed to you". I felt like I was back at the altar :) This very "local" and simple anniversary was far more precious foreign beauty and exquisite food.


ML

No comments: