Monday, October 5, 2009

My "Huh??" Moment

As I sit here typing my Mr. Tan is sitting on the couch across from me literally counting the cost of this oppurtunity that we've been presented with. After being provided with some important information today my husband and I have been discussing our thoughts about how what we thought the circumstances were, no longer are and how this affects the direction we were intending to take. We went from this "Wow!" to this "Huh??" moment. Tomorrow will be a major turning point for us (sorry I have to be so discret, but I can't say too much until things are finalized). Tomorrow my husband will inform himself to a much more serious extent re: possible circumstances then return to me and discuss and share his thoughts with me and I with him. More than our own I hope to hear the thoughts of the Lord far louder. Over dinner tonight I was reminded of how recently Shaun and I had been sharing with one another our personal preferences/conditions regarding this oppurtunity, so positively we would say, "If....then NO....,...only if....then YES...,unless...then NO". Well, that has changed. Now we are weighing options, and like I said literally counting the cost instead of our gain. This is not to say that our circumstances have taken a turn for the worse, but just now what we were expecting. Not bad, but not fantastic, and yet it could still very well be the Lord.

How easily I can reach down and pick up my pallet of paints and brush all over God's portrait with my own colors when the colors on His pallet are much more more amazing, more beautiful and magnificant.

For My thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways My ways, declares the Lord. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are My ways higher than your ways and My thoughts than your thoughts. Isaiah 55.8-9

louie




3 comments:

Unknown said...

so vague! but obviously, you all are considering so much.

andy najera said...

exciting stuff (my excitement was zaid got 2 new teeth). may God give you wisdom.. Comfort and safety are only found in Christ.
andy

andy najera said...

whats the news?