Thursday, June 30, 2011

Goals for July

Considering today is the last day of June I thought it would be nice to have some goals for the coming month.  So here they are...

July Goals
  1. Finish reading A Tiger in the Kitchen: A Memoir of Food and Family by  Cheryl Lu-lien Tan.  This book has been such a great read for me.  I first read about it in the Houston paper.  It has helped me in understanding as well as appreciating the Singaporean culture just a little bit more. 
  2. Get both Shaun and I vaccinated against  whooping cough (pertussis). According to the CDC, "pertussis is a highly contagious respiratory tract infection. Although it initially resembles an ordinary cold, whooping cough may eventually turn more serious, particularly in infants. Whooping cough is most contagious before the coughing starts. The best way to prevent it is through vaccinations. The childhood vaccine is called DTaP."
  3. Organize what ever mess I have hidden under my bed over the past couple of months. 
  4. Take a cake decorating class at Michael's craft store.  This one is pending the approval of my CFO. ;)
  5. Utilize and follow my new little menu planner in which I have made in order to prevent me from stressing out about to cook over the course of the next month.  Hope to alleviate impulsive and rushed trips to the grocery store. 
  6.  Complete my online self defensive driving course.  Enough said.  =(

As you can see my intent is to cook 3-4 times a week.  :)

No comments: