Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Pumpkin Tan

Happy 40th Week Baby Tan!!!  Can't believe this day is finally here!!! Do bear with my constant blogger over the next 24 hours or so.  Aside from cleaning & finishing up a few last minute tasks there's not much I can think of doing.  Despite everyone's common suggestion of sleeping as much as I can before baby Tan's arrival, I just can't force myself to sleep.  So in the mean time I'll just sit here on the couch and type a little.

Things I will miss about being pregnant...
1. The excuse over indulge on food :) and the lack of embarrassment on my behalf because of the false notion that I'm "eating for two" :)
2. Having my Mr. Tan help me put my tennis shoes on :)
3. Using my belly as a little mini platform/table for my plate, glass and hands
4.  Nice warm belly rubs from those around me.  Never did mind those.
5. Pretty maternity clothes.  Esp those very stretchable elastic bands have make over eating so much more pleasurable!
6.  Strangers smiling at me while taking note of my belly.
7. The excuse to nap endlessly when ever I wished.
8. Sneaking into the kitchen at 3am to snack on ice cream cereal or lime tortilla chips while watching the Cosby Show or The Nanny
9.  Delightfully watching my Mr. Tan kiss my belly, sing the Singapore national anthem to BT, and hearing him talk to BT in this singlish accent


Things I will NOT miss about being pregnant...
1. The grunting & the moaning as I attempt to turn over in bed, get off the sofa or out of the car.
2. The feeling of helplessness in needing help to do everyday things, like bending down to pick something up, etc
3. The constant need to pee every 2 hours
4. The potty runs throughout the night that make it so difficult to go back to sleep.
5.  The constant trip to the scale to see how much I've weighed.  Have a feeling this will not end...hopefully it will be going down instead of up soon
6. The additional 35 pounds that made the Texas heat so much more unbearable
7.  The need to sleep with a huge 5 ft long U-shaped body pillow in order to keep from rolling over on to my back.  (Thank you Mari!)
8.  Comparing my BT's size & weight to strange vegetables exotic vegetables I've never consumed
9. Constipation!? 

I'm sure I could continue to sit here and go on for a bit longer  :) but it's 10am and it's time for my snack ;)

ML

1 comment:

lucy said...

Ahhh, Sweet Tans, i have to admit i'm going to miss all the weekly updates myself. It has been so much fun, following up week by week. I thank you both that you have allowed us to walk this journey with you. It feels so personal and yet you have allowed us to be part of it. I feel like Baby Tan is allready so known and loved by us. Can't wait, to see him. I'm glad all is well, may your souls be at rest, trusting God the Almighty, concerning his birth date. We wait patiently, as we have for the last 40 wks. It's been amazing. Expecting a big final, and a great begining for you, Mr.Tan, and baby Tan. Blessings to you all & much love. Yeah will miss all the strange fruit & veggies.