Monday, September 13, 2010

Crunch & Cherry Coke Zero

Hello :) Today we are one day away from baby Tan's due date!!!  Our OB appointment this morning was a surprising one.  To start things off I had another NST (non stress test) in which they monitor baby Tan's heart beat along with my contractions in order to assess whether baby Tan is under any unnecessary stress.  After about 15 minutes of laying down and  wonderful company-my Mr. Tan :)  OB walked in took a look at NST print out and asked if had breakfast.  I replied with a nodd and a "yes".  He then said baby that baby was a bit sluggish and asked the nurse to bring in some crackers, which they had none of.  It was then that I proudly admitted my having a piece of chocolate on the way over to his office.  (Forgot my food police was in the room!?)  Dr then suggested we get my sugar level up and with not a cracker in his office I had my food police take another piece of chocolate out of my purse :)  They were really meant for my Mr. Tan :)  I happily ate my mini chocolate crunch. Dr readjusted the belts around my tummy, put a pillow to help prop me on to my left side and viola!!! Turns out the belt was not placed on the side in which we could best hear BT's heart beat most effectively.   That's when the nurse walked in with a cherry coke zero and suggested I drink up in order to elevate my sugar.  Considering coke zero contains only an artificial sweetener, my Mr Tan thoroughly enjoyed the free drink. :)  After another 15 minute session of listening to BT's heart beat along with his daddy's conversation, OB walked in and was happy with the recent NST results! Yay! After examining me, I soon discovered I had hardly dilated since my visit last Wednesday. Boo hoo! I was pretty much at zero.  As OB was removing the belts off of my belly, the nurse noticed my tummy was contracting due to the funny shape that was taking form.  After questioning baby's position (the nurse) OB ordered a sonogram.  The sonogram showed baby Tan head down as we had seen in the last sonogram but after further assessment, OB expressed some concern due to baby Tan's size and the curvature his little body was having to take in order to fit in my belly.  Baby Tan was pretty much getting too big for me.  Dr recommended waiting no more than one week to deliver, otherwise baby would be much too big and increase the risk of a c-section.  So as of now hospital arrangements are for me to be admitted Wednesday evening with the intention of delivery Thursday.  

This is definately not what we were anticipating.  We continue to set our eyes on our God who we know remains in control.  Scared? Yes. Nervous? Yes. Excited?  YES!!!  

ML

No comments: