Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Cantaloupe Tan

Today we rejoice in week 34!!!  6 weeks to go!!!  Baby Tan's car seat is ready to go...his crib has a nice mattress with a nicely fitted boyish blue sheet...his baby clothes are hung according to size...and hospital bags are packed!  Our trip down to Brownsville was indeed a sweet one.  Aside from visiting with close friends & family, a dear friend/sister hosted a baby shower for me.  There was much laughter & lots of cute gifts for baby Tan...but what I will remember & cherish the most was the encouragement I received from these women.  Their encouraging words as mothers & mothers-to-be brought such strength to my soul.  Preparing for baby Tan's arrival these last couple of months has been so exciting!  It's as if I couldn't plan enough for his coming! Each day I would go over my computer printed out calendar and scratch out each passing day...some times I'd scratch the day out even before it began :)  The loose calendar pages are worn & wrinkled, full of pencil & eraser markings. My darling husband could not suggest an idea or plan an outing with out me pulling out my calendar to check what I've previously planned! :)  In all this preparation, I realized I could prepare as much as I wanted in the physical but I had no idea how to prepare my heart for our little one's coming.  There were all sorts of questions & anxieties regarding my up & coming journey into motherhood-"Would I...?  Could I...? Should I...?"  It was this weekend that my questions & anxieties were put to rest-LOVE.  One thing I know God has created & enabled me to do is to love...

sigh...
ML

3 comments:

andy najera said...

"love your child"-- that's it. Keep that in mind this next year..Mary Lou they grow up very fast. dont take any moment for granted.( Good , bad and Ugly..

Mary Lou said...

Thanks Andy! Remind me..I'm sure I"ll forget =Z

Najera Family said...

Thats right Mary Lou, All you can do is love them in all circumstances. Put the Lord first in all you do, think or feel and he will give you the ability to walk in this season of both you and Shaun's lives. What a blessing it is to share in the life of this new baby that the Lord Himself gave you, That instant love you will feel when you see your baby for the first time is the same love (X 100) that the Lord has for us. Talk about being encouraged! We love you and are praying for you guys. Hope to visit you guys soon.