Tuesday, June 8, 2010

My "little mr tan"

As our little baby continues to grow and as time continues to pass there is a little more to do or prepare as each day passes. Yesterday was quite a busy day for me. With girlfriends coming into town for the weekend I was busily preparing for our awaited guests. In all of the business of the day I hadn't felt much fetal movement. Typically I'll feel baby Tan move shortly after meals, after having sat or laid for a while, but yesterday was different. By the end of the evening I became a little worried. I even tried tapping my belly a bit to see if I could wake my little one up. There was some movement but not too much to rejoice about. My Mr Tan noticed I looked a bit troubled was I was laying in bed with my belly exposed. After sharing my thoughts with him he quickly assured me all was well. Still, I felt a bit uneasy. After shedding a tear or two I went to bed knowing that my God is in complete control. I had decided that had I not felt my regular fetal movement I would call my OB the next day (today). After my routine bathroom run at 2:30am I laid in bed feeling sorrowful. It's one of those moments in which you feel sad but yet you're not quite sure why it is you feel sad. I began to shed a few tears and was so wanting to wake my Mr Tan up and share what it was I was feeling, but knowing his day would be a long one (he was driving 4 hours to Louisiana for work) I decided not to. As I laid there it hit me-I LOVE BABY TAN!!! For the last 6 months baby Tan my "Poppy Seed Tan", then eventually my "Mango Tan", etc. Though babycenter.com is still comparing him to strange & foreign vegetables & fruits, he's now my baby! He's growing causing my belly to pop. He's moving causing my tummy to move just a bit. He's no longer comparable to a fruit or vegetable but to this little person I am eagerly awaiting to embrace. It's hard to love a "Poppy Seed" but oh so easy to love this little being inside me. I had suddenly realized that I had fallen in love and because of love was now feeling strong emotions I had not felt before for our little baby. I had become vulnerable once again, yet this time it was to my "little mr tan". :)
ML

2 comments:

andy najera said...

beautiful, Your mominess is begining to show.. drink some orange juice that will make Tan-man move.. "God is in control", words that you can rest in.
love
andy

Mary Lou said...

he's back to normal now :) thanks Andy :)