Friday, November 20, 2009

My Great Departure

We are here! The 20th of November has finally arrived. Seemed to far away and frozen in time. I still can't believe we have relocated to Houston. This morning's departure was not as emotional and difficult as I thought it would be. Having seen my brother move out of town and how sad and emotional were all were about his move had me expecting a difficult departure. Though there were tears, there was pleasant conversation, laughter, and prayer. I was able to hand my mother a letter I had written the night before, visit with my grand mother, and have my father lead prayer over our new journey. I was then able visit quickly with one of my dearest friends and cry with her, hear messages from other dear friends, receive encouraging text messages from friends expressing their best for us. As I was following closely behind Shaun's car on the express way there was an accident up ahead of us. That quickly drove away sadness and compelled me to focus on my defensive driving. This also reminded me of God's safety and provision over our lives. The sky was gloomy and rainy, the temperature was dropping as we drove north. I know I'm a totally melancholic! But despite what the day was looking out to be like, I knew Shaun and I were driving into His perfect will. What peace comes from knowing we are being led by our God. Because I have become so accustomed to my Mr Tan driving during our road trips , I had not been used to driving for so long and alone. Though, it was a bit lonely at times, it was nice to have some time to reflect during my drive. As I was driving into Houston I couldn't help but become a bit nervous. Shaun was so great in reassuring me of my gradual adjustment to this new life. Currently we are residing at a Stay Bridge Hotel, courtesy of SBM :) to give us some time to find ourselves a cozy and warm little apartment to call home. That's about it for today...

ML



With my grandma and the "chinito"


At the door way of our little home...


With my sweet Terrence-J...







No comments: