Thursday, November 19, 2009

His Grace Is Enough

This will be my first real move. Aside from moving away 60 miles for college, I have never really been away from home. Family and friends were always near. My dad was always around to fix my flat, my mom was always near to get in her car and drive to the local supermarket and drop off the spare key to my car because I had locked my keys in the car. Family and friends were in abundance, as well as comfort and familiarity. As I have shared from the beginning, surprising to even me, I have embraced the consideration of Shaun and I relocating and all the drama that comes with it. I'm so thankful that the Lord has turned my heart towards this and that I'm not fighting this deep inside and yet trying to be a supportive and encouraging wife on the outside. I know that is all God and none of me, because 6 months ago I would have reminded Shaun of "our" plan to stay in Brownsville for a couple of years, start our family here with my family and friends close by, etc. I am again reminded that God's grace truly truly is enough for me. I have always loved what grace has meant. Though, I have a feeling I will truly learn more and more about grace and it's meaning in this new season of ours.

ML

And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that having all sufficiency in all things at all times, you may abound in every good work. 2 Cor 9.8

But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me. 2 Cor 12.9

But grace was given to each one of us according to the measure of Christ’s gift.
Ephesians 4.7

For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God Ephesians 2.8

No comments: