Monday, January 3, 2011

Comfortable & Familiar

Hello! It's been a few days since I've posted.  Between then and now there's been much much eating!  Typically I tend to lose weight during my trips back to Singapore.  Main contributors to my weight loss are hot hot temps, foreign foods & stresses of hopping from one social gathering to the next.  This being my third trip to Singapore I can definitely say that I've become more comfortable & familiar with sunny Singapore, her natives and cuisines. So much so I think I've put on a couple of pounds!? I can recall my previous trips and how I became home sick so quickly.  I would count down the days for our return back home.  The duration of this trip is 3 weeks long! Our trips back here are typically only 2 weeks long. Surely I've become home sick by now!?  Nope, can't say that I have.  I do miss my family & friends dearly.  In the mean time I'm enjoying the wonderful company of those around us as well as the yummy food! 


In the "crying room" at church

More like Zachary's personal massage room!
"Ohhhhh so nice!"

"Yeaaaaaaaaah"

Zachary has found a new toy-his hand!

Zachary entertaining himself while daddy plays with his army buddies

Army Buddies + kiddos

Hawker Center: large groupings of informal open-air food stalls -- were Singapore's answer to fast and cheap food in the days before McDonald's and are still the best way to sample every kind of Singaporean cuisine. The traditional hawker center is an outdoor venue, usually under cover with fans whirring above, and individual stalls each specializing in different dishes. In between rows of cooking stalls, tables and stools offer open seating for diners.
Read more: http://www.frommers.com/destinations/singapore/0077026705.html#ixzz19xzcoBsk

Trying to smile for the camera and yet stay focused on the objective ahead-FOOD!!!

Hot & sticky pose for the camera

Cooling off with one of my fav Singy drinks-Sugar Cane Juice!

Thanks for lunch Dad!

Roasted Duck! Yummy :)

Beef Hor Fun: Fun yum yum it was!!!

As Singaporeans say, "Don't waste, don't waste!"

Now off to do some shopping


Silly smile

Sweet & tiresome sleep

Sweet sleep didn't last too long

Okay, time to play with daddy while mommy finishes her post :)

Sleepy time



2 comments:

Kim said...

oh my, you must frame that last picture!!! love love love it!

Mary Lou said...

aw thanks :)