Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Sweet Reminder

For a short season I've decided to post pone my posts about baby Tan.  Until then I've decided to post what ever may come :)

I was so encouraged in my reading of Psalm 18 this morning.  As I read I was encouraged by the sweetness of God's word.  There are seasons in life when you come across truths and with such desperation you hold on with all of your might in order to survive the madness of the season you're currently in.  The season eventually passes and then all is well again.  Then later on you stumble across the same truths and reflect on how sweet & personal they are to your soul.  It's easy to forget what and where we've been rescued from as well as by Whom we've been rescued by once the tough seasons are over and done with.  

As I read Psalm 18 I was reminded of things I passed through and how my God so mercifully and lovingly delivered me.  

Psalm 18
v2-3 The Lord is my rock...my shield, and my horn of my salvation, my stronghold.
I recall the day I read over this scripture and realized how He was indeed my shield.  He was the shield who took death on a cross in my place.

v16 He sent from on high, He  took me; He drew me out of many waters.
I can recall several seasons in the past in which it seemed as though the waters were overcoming me and I was not going to survive,yet each time He rescued me.

v19 He brought me out into a broad place, He rescued me, because He delighted in me.
Never will I be able to comprehend the love of God.  That God would delight in me??

v28 For it is You who light my lamp; the Lord my God lightens my darkness. For by You I can run against a troop, and by my God I can leap over a wall.
I can do absolutely nothing apart from Him.  

That I would come across His word continuously & be reminded of all that He is and all that I am not.

ML

No comments: