Saturday, July 3, 2010

He who fashions the hearts of them all...

It's 5:30am on a Saturday morning and I'm wide awake! O_O After obsessively dreaming about jogging strollers as well as attempting to find the perfect sleeping position to snuggle my belly into I gave up at about 4:30am and decided to get out of bed. As I miserably got into the shower I thought, "Oh my, 4:30am showers maybe just become normal for a while when baby Tan arrives. This may be the only time slot I may have soon!? =) We'll just have to worry about that later! In the mean time I will make the most of my days and what ever preggy drama by sweet baby Tan brings forth :) I then decided that after binging on just about every thing late last night I'd let my tummy take a little break, not have such an early breakfast and instead read a psalm.



Psalm 33

13The LORD looks down from heaven;
he sees all the children of man;
14from where he sits enthroned he looks out
on all the inhabitants of the earth,
15he who fashions the hearts of them all
and observes all their deeds.
16The king is not saved by his great army;
a warrior is not delivered by his great strength.
17 The war horse is a false hope for salvation,
and by its great might it cannot rescue.
18Behold, the eye of the LORD is on those who fear him,
on those who hope in his steadfast love,
19that he may deliver their soul from death
and keep them alive in famine.
20Our soul waits for the LORD;
he is our help and our shield.
21For our heart is glad in him,
because we trust in his holy name.
22Let your steadfast love, O LORD, be upon us,
even as we hope in you.


As I was reading the later part of this psalm I began to focus in on the verses above. I was then encouraged because I was reminded that my God has fashioned in such a specific way so that my heart may hope & trust in Him! Verses 16-18 make it very clear that I can not hope & trust in my own strength to deliver me, but I can hope in the fact that he has created me to fear him, to hope in his steadfast love, to wait upon him, to be glad in him and to trust in his holy name. These are not emotions or thoughts that I need to muster up inside me in order to be encouraged, these are truths that he has fashioned my heart after so that I may hope in my deliverer.


ML

2 comments:

Luis N Dionne said...

Hey thanks for the Psalm Louie.. I brought my New Test. with me and I've found myself craving psalms & proverbs.. so thanks, it was sweet to me.. =)

Mary Lou said...

aww :)