Sunday, January 3, 2010

Simple Love

Tonight is my last night of holiday visiting with family and friends here in Brownsville. I have thoroughly enjoyed my time here with family and friends. So many great moments I take back with me to Houston. From the sitting around being and being surrounded by great company and conversation of wonderful friends to the simplistic and yet very meaningful moments with those I love. Going back to Houston I feel will be the "real" beginning of my move away from my home. With traveling back and forth between Brownsville and Houston for the holidays as well as our memorable ski trip out to Breckenridge, CO all happening in the last month, it almost feels like we've been on vacation this entire time. Shaun is currently in Houston. He left early Saturday morning to rest and prepare for work on Monday. I am still in Brownsville. I was able to stay back two extra days and attend a bridal shower for one of my bestest friends (totally worth it, but I do miss my husband terribly). This is our first time being apart since we wed. Silly I know :) As much as I miss him, I look forward to finding myself sitting on the plane by myself with out my usual flying partner next me. I feel as though this flight I will be taking by myself tomorrow will truly enable me to leave a place that is so incredibly sweet and lovely to me and allow me to arrive in a place in which I have been called to by two that I dearly love and am willingly to lay down my life for-King Jesus and my husband.
ML
(will post holiday pics soon!)

No comments: